The Shaw Group Limited is defined by a long history of brick manufacturing. Clayton communities can be identified by the enduring look and feel of the genuine brick and stone used throughout the development.
The exterior of any home shall be cladded as follows:
- Full bed mortared clay brick, full bed mortared quarried stone or stone-look concrete masonry products shall be used in accordance with the requirements outlined in Table 1 (pg 7).
- Note that the front exterior of the home is calculated by excluding doorways and garage doors, but includes windows – masonry area does not include windows.
- The product must be a type which requires a brick ledge or shelf angle for installation. All masonry and stone products must be manufactured by or supplied by The Shaw Group Limited.
- Other materials such as Mac Metal products may be used as accent materials outside of the brick covenant areas but will require pre-approval from LCHL.
Table 1 Brick Covenant :
|Lot Size||% of front|
|22′-34′ 2 Storey Lots (single, townhouse, and semi-detached)||40%|
|> 34′- 40′ Lots||110%|
|> 40′-50′ Lots||130%|
|> 50′ Lots||140%|
- Please note these percentages (%) are minimum requirements and all other requirements listed throughout these Design Guidelines must still be met.
- Hardscaping substitution will only be permitted on lots of 44’ or greater and is limited to replacing up to 20% unless otherwise approved by LCHL.
- House plans must include the following information:
- Front facade area,
- The garage door area,
- The entry way door area, and
- The total square footage of brick on the house.
- The majority of required masonry should be placed on the front, or flanking yard where applicable. LCHL reserves the right to determine the location of facade materials.
Examples of covenant application on various home widths:
- The remaining wall area of the front facade shall be covered in wood, engineered wood, board and batten
forms, high density fibercement siding, stucco, metal, concrete, vinyl shakes. Other materials may be used but will
require pre-approval from LCHL.
- The remainder of the home (sides, and rear elevation) may be covered in any of the aforementioned base or complementary materials or vinyl siding. (Note: siding used on the side and back must be the same colour and profile as the front).
- A change in material across the facade should be related to a real edge, corner, protrusion or inset, unless otherwise approved.
- Colour and material selections must be submitted prior to product purchase. Material style, colour names, and brands must be provided. Materials and colours must be complimentary to adjacent homes.
- The location of the facade materials may be prescribed by LCHL, and colours must be approved by LCHL.
- Roofing must be a laminate, architectural, type shingle unless otherwise approved by LCHL. Metal roofing is permitted subject to colour and brand approval.
- Front porches and stairs must be constructed with materials other than pressure treated wood. Lattice is not permitted.
- Driveways will be either paved asphalt, paver stone (manufactured by or supplied by The Shaw Group Limited), aggregate, concrete, or other hard surface as approved by LCHL.
- Gravel Driveways are prohibited.
- Driveway materials may be configured in the form of strips, maintaining landscaping in the center.